Sunday, January 31, 2010

Gary Raham - Northern Colorado Writer Feature

SPECIAL AUTHOR FEATURE:


Gary Raham
Northern Colorado Writer's Group


I love to help connect kids to science through story. I’ve written 13 books, several video scripts, and numerous natural history articles for Highlight for Children, Cricket, and other magazines, as well as some short SF stories. I use The Deep Time Diaries and Teaching Science Fact with Science Fiction, to create middle school enrichment material in English and science with the help of master teacher, Vicky Jordan. I illustrate much of my own work and also create natural history and biomedical illustrations for a variety of clients. I enjoy writing nature columns for The North Forty News and for Colorado Gardener magazine. I’ve been NCW for a couple of years now. I’ve been a member of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of SCBWI for many years and am a former Co-RA. I also belong to the Colorado Authors League.

My most recent books are Bugs That Kill (Marshall-Cavendish, 2009) and The Restless Earth: Fossils (Chelsea House, 2009). I am currently writing Escape From Deep Time, a sequel to The Deep Time Diaries (Fulcrum, 2000).

I enjoy designing books and book covers for other writers. I have over 35 years experience as a graphic designer. See samples at http://www.biostration.com/ under “Design.” Visit his profile on LinkedIn for testimonials.




Neesha, a character in The Deep Time Diaries and Escape From Deep Time, writes my blog for me. See it at:  http://www.amazon.com/Gary-Raham/e/B001JSE30K/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0


You can follow Gary Raham on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/rgary.raham?ref=profile

No comments:

Post a Comment