Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010!


2009 did bring a few good things with it. I learned a lot about the writing business, maintained some great relationships in the industry and improved my manuscript. I started this blog, developed a new website, created some new book trailer videos and expanded my horizons in social media, making new friends and re-gaining contact with many old friends. It is great to re-kindle those relationships that had fallen off for one reason or another.
However, I sure am glad to see 2009 fly out the window. It was a tough year in many ways for me. By day, I am a Sales Manager at a Saturn store. By any other time, I am a writer. The stress of the ups and downs in the car business was magnified by the financial woes of the 2009 automotive industry. It was compounded by the loss of my General Manager, mentor, and friend, Doug Axtell. And finally, the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back, was the news in October that General Motors was shutting down Saturn. My job at the Saturn Dealership came to an end December 31st, 2009.

Whew, what a year!

(Not all hope was lost in 2009) I was given the opportunity to move over to our parent company and work in management in the Internet department at the Honda store.

January 2010 brings a new year of opportunity to make whatever you can out of the new year. My mother-in-law and father-in-law told me to keep working hard and that change is good. Although sometimes change is a little hard to swallow, they are right. Change brings about many different things in life and when one door closes another door opens. It is just a matter of making the choice to step through the threshold and make something of the opportunities that come your way.

Just because you stumble, skin your knees, and fall flat on your face, it doesn't mean you have to lie there and give up. You are still alive and you still have the opportunity to do the things you want to do. There are a lot of successful people out there that had they given up in the face of adversity, they would have never made that last step towards the opportunity that made them successful.

Remember, you can't win the lottery if you don't play the game! Life is a game, you have to get up, get out there and play in it!
SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY!


No comments:

Post a Comment