Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bring A Joyful Spirit To Your Life



 
Bring a Joyful Spirit to your Life

All too often, we get wrapped up in the “to do list” of life. With our fast paced lifestyle we are constantly on the go, doing projects, working, running errands, or doing things for others. Many times we don’t “stop and smell the roses” and take time out for ourselves.

When we don’t set aside time for ourselves we can get grumpy or down. The joy and happiness in our lives gets lost to the everyday pressures. This can affect us in many ways. Anxiety, stress, depression, anger, hatred, self loathing, and suicide are all side effects of not bringing a joyful spirit to your life.

What do you do when . . . ?
  • I have to take the kids to school.
  • I have to mow the lawn.
  • I have to run to the store and go shopping.
  • I have to make dinner.
  • I have to fix that leaking water heater.
  • I have to finish those reports and go to the meeting.
  • I have to deal with a customer.
  • I have to do the laundry.
  • I have to meet the needs of my employees.
  • I have to run to the post office.
  • I have to pay my bills.
  • I have to meet the needs of my children.
  • I have to vacuum.
  • I have to get ready for work.
  • I have to meet a client.
  • I have to meet a friend for dinner.
  • I have to meet that deadline.
  • I have to clean the house.
  • I have to do those dishes.
  • I have to meet the demands of my spouse/partner.

AAAAAHHHHH!


DON'T STRESS OUT

Sometimes the pressure is all insurmountable. We are constantly doing more and running ourselves to the ground. But you can bring a joyful spirit to your life. You can set aside a few minutes to a half an hour each day to do some simple things to bring joy and happiness to your life, and reduce your stress.
  • 10 minute breathing exercises.
  • Read a book.
  • Meditate.
  • Write.
  • Paint
  • Draw.
  • Take a walk.
  • Work out.
Whatever it is, do something for yourself!


T.A. Northburg is a writer from Colorado. He is finishing his forthcoming novel titled, “Otterocity! Bring a Joyful Spirit to Your Life.” You can learn more about Otterocity! (the quality of otters) Bring a Joyful Spirit to Your Life, on his website and follow his website blog at www.Otterocity.com.



-- by Tim Northburg AKA The Darth Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment