A Unique Concoction!
This is a good hearty meal that I developed while living in Chester, England. It was a concoction that I just threw together one night and it turned out to be a great mix of flavors that tantalized the taste buds. It seems to be an odd mixture of ingredients but they just blend together perfectly and make a good meal. The portion amounts are good for 2 potatoes. You can easily double it for more people.
2 large potatoes
3-4 large mushrooms
½ small yellow or white onion (or whole onion if you like onion)
2 tablespoons oil (olive or vegetable)
1 tablespoon butter
1 can Heinz baked beans (English style or other like brand baked beans)
2 large eggs
½ cup grated Cheshire cheese (sharp or medium cheddar works too)
3 slices of ham, turkey, or chicken lunch meat
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake potatoes for approximately 30 minutes or until potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. You can also microwave them for 10 minutes turning them over half way through. Then microwave them two minutes more and repeat until they are soft inside.
- Dice onion, 3 slices of lunch meat and slice mushrooms.
- In medium frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until sauteed. Add meat and stir in until meat is heated up.
- Place your potatoes on a plate. Slice in half. Slice each half three times length ways and then put across the other way dicing up the potatoes in small cubes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter over warm potatoes so it melts over cubes.
- Take your pan of onion, meat and mushrooms and spread over top of potatoes.
- Open baked beans can and dump into a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave for several minutes heating up beans.
- In medium frying pan, heat the other 1 tablespoon of oil and cook eggs over easy so that the yolk is runny.
- Place eggs on top of potatoes, onion, meat and mushrooms.
- Dump a fair amount of beans over top of egg.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Heat up in microwave 1 minute so all is warm and cheese melts.
- Dig in and enjoy the different flavors!
I hope you enjoy this unique meal.
-- by Tim Northburg AKA The Darth Writer